I will profess that I love Mondays! Monday is one of the best days of the week primarily because of library story time. It's something which I look forward to very much because Mia enjoys herself so much. She loves watching the other little kids some which are younger than she is and others who are crawling around and pulling up on things. She sits and listens intently to the story teller and her favorite part is the bubbles signaling the end of the half hour. It gives me great joy to see her so happy and interested.
That being said last week, we went to a Halloween party at daddies work. Mia loved saying hello to everyone in her pumpkin suit (which I think she might actually miss going forward) and waiving twizzlers and mini m&m's in her hands. She also met up with her good friend Meredith sporting her lovely bee costume. My father commented that I had called it "daddies work" for the first time ever. And it was true, I had reached a real turning point of separation. I proudly walked in with my daughter on one hip and wearing jeans as to say "this is where my priorities lie and you can't take that away from me." It was a very liberating experience to be able to just not care at all about anyone's "busy season", etc, etc, etc. So hence, "I LOVE MONDAYS". I love being with Mia at home with her as my priority. It's a great feeling and I wouldn't change it for the world.
Updates: We are now saying "ma ma" when we want to get up and do something different or get out of her crib... I think she talked to Nick who told her this worked really well with his mom since he does the same thing. :-) She is now pulling up on her toys which is crazy given that she still wants nothing to do with crawling. And we are eating peaches and cheerios. She is growing up!!!
PS- Sam will upload the Halloween pictures tonight so look out for them on york photo soon.
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment